Thursday, November 03, 2005

Low at starbucks ....again

As I got to Starbucks this morning after my walk to work, I started to feel low. I think about 25% of my walks to work leave me low. (Note to self- test right before you leave the house.) Grab the OJ as I am ordering my latte. Still have a five minute hike up Beacon Hill to get to my office.

But it's Thursday. I am running late because it is cleaner day. Do I really have time to check and down the juice before heading out the door. I know it's the smart thing to do but it's 9:30 already. Then I think about it some more. I know I am dropping. I could just down the juice with no BS check and maybe save a minute. But I don't want to do that. Trying not to just cover lows- trying to be aware of what I'm doing.

My answer. Will check when I get to my office and drink the juice then. In the meantime I'll just have some of my latte on my way up the hill.

Course I felt like I was plummeting walking up the hill, shaky and over heated. But at least I was a couple of minutes earlier for work.

Sometimes the diabetic mind is a silly thing. Thanks A. for help keeping my perspective 95% of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home