Friday, November 04, 2005

Shiny new things

So far it's been a day in the ones.
92 - 7:30a
155 - 9:00a
167 - 12:00p
98 - 2:45p
Nine hours to go.

The problem arises in planning for Friday night activities. A. is getting her hair done tonight at Fanieul Hall, right next to the North End. The question arises - do we grab an early dinner there post hair? In the recent planning for our Italy trip I have been craving some really good authentic Italian food.

How do I maintain a really good sugar day with a great Italian meal? Do I trust that I'll cover right? Or do I chance it and over cover a bit with the possibility of sending my self low and starting to roller coaster? How important is my day in the ones? Do I hold my self back from something I really want to do?

It's note been a great diabetic week- thanks to Halloween candy? By skipping the Italian food I am not really depriving my self of anything- I had my fill of sugar raising food by Wednesday. Would scrap the North End plan if Capote was playing anywhere but the Boston Common theatre.

I fear I am getting a little over obsessed with the current fascination of my diabetic self. As A.'s has mentioned - I am like the orange cat. Something new and shiny will grab my complete attention for a period then I lose interest and really don't care that I have lost my new shiny toy under the piano.

Is this blog just a new shiny toy?

Update. I did end up in the North End for dinner- and it was wonderful. Went the over-covering route and ended up low. Thankfully, at that point, we were having after dinner coffee at Mike Pastries on Hanover Street. I treated the low with a large piece of Cheesecake. Yummm. And I managed a whole day in the ones!

Also- Went to see Capote Saturday night. Highly recommend it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

I like your shiny new blog. And an increased awareness of your Diabetic Self is not a terrible thing.

How long have you been a diabetic? I noted a link to The Barton Center ... are you a former Clara Barton Camper, like me? And I also go to Joslin in Boston. I see Dr. Florence Brown.

Keep writing. I'll keep reading.

-- Kerri.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

E-

Just read about your blog over at Six Until Me... thought I'd stop by.

Hang in there-- becoming more aware of your "diabetic self" may be a "current fascination," but keep it up, and it might just become second nature...

I'm adding a link to your blog this morning.

Take care,
Sandra

p.s. Also checked out your sister blog on Mass news-- very cool. (I'm originally from Quincy)
Nice to read a local's take on social/political issues in the Boston media.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Mike's. Oh yum. I can't think of a better place to treat a low.

I've bookmarked this blog and now I'm off to find the local Mass news blog that Sandra mentions. I'm from MA, too, although outside the pale (aka Westa Wistah).

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home