Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My early christmas present


Tomorrow I'm going to pick up my new transportation. An impulse buy after my little VW Golf came back from her checkup in need of more replacement parts. We have had a wonderful time together- but it is time for us to go our separate ways. (I'm am working really hard on trying not to personalize the car- but as those of you with VW's know- it's hard. They're just so damn cute.)

So tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a new Audi Avant (Audi speak for wagon). I think their sexy. I know that I am in the minority here - but there has always been something about a sleek sophisticated wagon that I find completely irresistible.

A.'s laughs at me. (But then again she is a two seat, rear-wheel drive, roadster girl.) We'll see what she says after a snowy commute in the new avant with quattro (Audi speak for 4 wheel drive.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I was TOTALLY laughing out loud at this post. That is my dream car and I'm not even kidding you. I love station wagons - and I feel like a granny for it. But give me a station wagon over an suv any day. whooo hoo!! SEXY audi!!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

That is one nice car.

I'm currently lusting after a Mini Cooper S, but with three, soon to be four, kids, that's not gonna happen for a while. Bummah.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Hello. My name is Kerri.

Hi Kerri.

I am addicted to Volkswagens. I am currently tooling around in my second Jetta, after wrecking my first after a 9 year love affair with that 1996 GL beauty.

However, your Audi wagon is gorgeous. And a member of the VW production family, albeit from the Fancy End of Things. Congratulations on the new car and I'll honk my horn on the drive home tonight in homage to you.

(But tell A that I also like the two seater roadsters. VW has a Concept Type C car that would suit her needs. It's been at the recent car shows. Worth a peek!)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

If it weren't for A's impractical car (I forgot to mention it also doesn't have a top or have room for my golf bag and me at the same time), I would be getting either

a) the beetle convertible (navy blue w/ a black top- which I saw en route to the cape last spring and am still fantasizing about) or

b) the new mini convertible.

Kerri – I think I know the new VW of which you speak. The dealer was telling me about a new model soon to be released that has an automatic hard top. Which- given the NE winters- is a very nice feature (and luckily A’s impractical roaster does at least have that practical feature.)

(And just for the record- I love A and her little car- they are both wonderful)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

What an awesome present! :) Have fun in your new car! :)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home