Monday, January 09, 2006

Tag, I'm it.

I was tagged a while back by Kerri. A little late is better than never.

Random Fact 1.
I am addicted to PandaCam. I check on that little ball of black and whiteness, Butterstick, each and every day. Sometimes I leave the Cam running all day on my work computer and periodically check in. Butterstick can make the darkest of day seem sunny and bright. For those of you who have not yet stumbled across the ‘stick yet, I am passing along the best of the panda links. Granted, I am a sucker for all things cute and furry. But according to last week’s NYT I am not alone.
PandaFix
Wonkette

Random Fact 2.
It is my secret desire to be some sort of artist; writer, photographer, dancer. Unfortunately my natural abilities lie in anything number based. I am a freak who can do standard deviation in my head. This whole blog thing started as an opportunity to work on my writing. I don’t think I am a horrible writer but I am not good - yet. (A. is a professional writer- so I do end up judging my work against a high standard. She blogged for Boston.com during the gay marriage debate back in ’04- and I am always amazed by her talent, intelligence, and wit.)

Random Fact 3.
I have a coffee obsession. I spent over a year deciding which
espresso machine I wanted in my kitchen. I ended up with my Francis Francis X1 and have been blissful ever since. I justified the expense by calculating how much money I would save by not hitting the Starbucks two to three times a day. (I detest Starbucks- but it really is the only decent coffee option in Boston. I’m looking forward to the new coffee bar opening on Newbury Street.)

Random Fact 4.
I am a good golfer. I think it is in my genes. Both my dad and grandfather are/were great players. I don’t play nearly enough (damn work) but I can still break 80 from the boys’ tees.

Random Fact 5.
After a food poisoning incident this summer I have become germ-a-phobic. I don’t know what the two have in common but I now imagine that there are giant germs waiting to attack behind every corner. But I always have antibacterial wipes and Purell on hand.

I am not sure whom to tag next. I think most of the OC has been it by now. Will get back to you on that one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

I read A.'s entry about you - beautiful. What a great gift she has, and has given to you, in her eloquence about her feelings for you.

Regarding fact 2 - numbers are my weakness. But Math and language are really so close - math problems tell a story, and stories (the good ones) need structure and logic. Art, too, depends on angles and such. You've got the skillz girl, just keep at 'em!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

I have no concept of math or numbers or anything even close to balancing my checkbook. It hurts to look at a clock unless it's a fancy one without digits. So I have great respect for your talents.

I also have great respect for you as a writer. So keep at it.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Nicole P said...

How is that we can be grown adults and still be our own worst critics? I think Kassie and Kerri are right, Bug (I'm sorry, I just can't stop calling you that), you're an great writer... And, practice makes perfect.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home